In an effort to help our clients and their advisors navigate this rapidly changing environment, we have compiled several resources from our website onto one page. Please note that with the rapidly changing environment, some of the information may have changed. If you have specific questions, you can contact us through the website, or contact your IAI consultant directly.
- Expanded Access to Retirement Funds for Plan Participants (June 3, 2020)
The CARES Act contains retirement plan provisions to provide relief for participants affected by the current crisis. Read our summary of the highlights for Defined Contribution Plans (e.g. – 401(k) Profit Sharing Plans, SEPS)
- PPP Loans and Retirement Contributions (May 1, 2020)
Loan proceeds should likely not be used to cover retirement plan contributions if the plan sponsor intends the loan to be forgiven.
- DB Plans – Close vs. Freeze vs. Termination (April 1, 2020)
Plan closure, freeze, and termination are three terms often used interchangeably by non-practitioners but they mean very different things.
- CARES Act – Defined Benefit Plans (March 27, 2020)
The CARES Act includes pension relief provisions that have an immediate effect on defined benefit plans.
- COVID-19 and Retirement Plan Concerns (March 24, 2020)
Our response to COVID-19, addressing questions and concerns related to retirement plans.
- Hold Off Taking that RMD! (March 23, 2020)
Requiring a taxable distribution that’s based on that inflated value would result in a disproportionate withdrawal requirement in 2020.